1.what kinds of jewelries do you like?
2.have you given other people jewelries?
3.why do people like it?
4.what is your attitude toward jewelry?
5.why so many people choose to buy expensive jewelry to maintain value?
6.how often do you wear jewelry?
daily life routines
1.which time do you like most for a whole day?
2.what would you like to bring with you when you go outside?
3.what is your daily routine?
4.what is the difference of routine between you and your teenager’s times?
bus or taxi
1.how often do you take the bus?
2.when was the first time you took a taxi?
3.what are the advantages of taking a taxi compared with buses？
4.is it convenient to take the bus/taxi in your city?
1.do you like sunshine?
2.do you like a place with more sunshine or less sunny days?
3.what would you do on sunny days?
4.do you like a place full of sunshine?
5.are there any technologies with sun in nowadays? for example?
6.do you like sunny days?
7.are there many sunny days in your hometown?
1.is politeness important?
2.why should we be polite?
3.who teach you to be polite?
4.how do chinese people show politeness?
5.what rules of politeness change in china?
1.how do you celebrate your birthday?
2.how do chinese people usually celebrate birthday?
3.how do children celebrate birthdays in your country？
4.is it important?
5.what kind of people like celebrating the birthday?
6.what kinds of birthday gifts do you like to receive?
7.is there a difference between the way you celebrated your birthday in the past and in the present?
1.what pop stars do you like?
2.have you ever met them?
3.do you prefer listening to concert record or going to a live show?
vegetables and fruits
1.what’s your favorite vegetable and fruit?
2.how often do you eat fruits?
3.are there any special fruits in your hometown?
4.should we eat vegetables everyday?
1. what work do you do?
2. why did you choose to do that type of work (or. that job)?
3. do you like your job?
4. is it very interesting?
5. (possibly) do you miss being a student?
1. what subject(s) are you studying?
2. why did you choose to study that subject?
3. do you like your subject? (why?/why not?)
4. is it very interesting?
5. (possibly) are you looking forward to working?
6. do you prefer to study in the mornings or in the afternoon?
7. why do some people find it difficult to focus in the morning?
8. what do you do to improve your learning efficiency?
1. what kind of housing/accommodation do you live in?
2. do you live in a house or a flat?
3. do you prefer living in a house or a flat?
4. who do you live with?
5. how long have you lived there?
6. do you plan to live there for a long time?
7. (if you answer you haven't lived there long) what's the difference between where you are living now and where you have lived in the past?
8. can you describe the place where you live?
9. which room does your family spend most of the time in?
10. are the transport facilities to your home very good?
11. please describe the room you live in.
12. what part of your home do you like the most?
13. are you willing to live in the countryside in the future?
1. what’s (the name of) your hometown (again)?
2. is that a big city or a small place?
3. please describe your hometown a little.
4. how long have you been living there?
5. do you like your hometown?
6. (possibly) do you like living there? *
7. what do you like (most) about your hometown?
8. is there anything you dislike about it?
9. do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
1.how old were you when you started school?
2.where did you go to school?
3.how did you get to school each day?
4.tell me something about the school.
5.did you enjoy it?
6.what were some of the most popular activities in primary school?
7.have you ever returned to see your old school again?
8.are you still in contact with any of the friends you had in primary school?
9.what subjects did you study in secondary school?
10.what was your favorite subject in secondary school?
11.and which subject did you like the least?
12.which secondary school subject do you think is most useful for people in adult life?
13.what part of your secondary school education did you enjoy most?
14.how do you feel about the high school?
15.why did you choose to attend that particular school?
16.which class did you enjoy the most?
1. do you often (like to) listen to music?
2. when do you listen to music?
3. how much time do you spend listening to music every day?
4. what kinds of music do you like to listen to?
5. what's your favorite kind of music?
6. have you ever been to a concert before?
7. do you like to listen to live music?
8. when did you start listening to this type of music?
9. where do you listen to it?
10. how do you feel when you listen to this music?
11. do you like listening to songs?
12. have you ever been to a musical performance?
13. have you ever learned to play a musical instrument?
14. is music an important subject at school in china?
15. did you often listen to music when you were a child? (if yes, give details.) what kinds of music are (most) popular in china?
emails and letters
1.do you write many letters or emails?
2.who do you usually write to?
3.do you prefer to write letters by hand or to use a computer?
4.how often do you write an email or letter?
5.what are the difference between emails and letters?
6.is it hard to think of what to write?
7.what kind(s) of letter/email do you think is (are) the hardest to write?
8.how do you feel when you receive a letter or email?
9.what sorts of letters or emails are the most difficult to reply to?
10.what kinds of emails (or letters) do you receive that make you feel excited?
11.which do you prefer, to make a phone call or write an email?
12.do you think people will still write letters in the future?
13.how do you communicate with others at work by email or is it more convenient to communicate face-to-face?
1.do you play any indoor games?
2.do you prefer to play indoor games or outdoor games?
3.what indoor games did you play when you were a child?
4.is there any particular indoor game that you liked (when you were a child)?
5.what sorts of indoor games do children play now?
1.how often do you buy shoes?
2.have you ever bought shoes online?
3.do you know anyone who likes to buy a lot of shoes?
4.what is your favorite type of shoes?
1.do you do housework at home?
2.do you think men and women should share housework?
3.what kinds of housework do you dislike to do ?
4.did you help your parents do housework when you were young?
5.what kinds of housework do you usually do ?
6.do you think it's important for children to do some housework?
1. do you like sunny days?
2. what do you like to do when it is a sunny day?
3. would you like to stay at home or go outside when the weather is great?
4. are there many sunny days in your hometown?
5. what is your favorite weather? and what do you usually do?
6. do you like sunny days?
7. does your mood change with weather?
8. what weather do you dislike?
9. do you watch weather forecast?
10. do you think it is accurate?
1. how do children celebrate birthdays in your country?
2. how did you celebrate your last birthday?
3. what kinds of birthday gifts do you like to receive?
4. is there a difference between the way you celebrated your birthday in the past and in the present?
5. how do chinese people celebrate their birthdays?
6. how do people celebrate children’s birthdays today?
7. what did you do on your last birthday?
8. how important are birthdays in your country?
9. what do children get for their birthdays in your country?
10. do you like to celebrate your birthday with your parents or with your friends?
11. what’s the most important birthday for people in your country?
12. do people in your country prefer to celebrate birthdays according to the lunar or the solar calendar?
13. which one do you think is more important, the birthdays of a child or those of an adult?
newspaper and magazine
1. do you often read newspapers?
2. which do you prefer reading, magazines or newspapers?
3. what kinds of newspaper do you usually read?
4. how old were you when you first started to read newspapers?
5. do you think it is important to read newspapers?
6. why do you think people read newspapers?
7. what different types of newspapers are there in china?
8. do you care about the news?
9. is the news important to you?
10. what kinds of news do chinese people read in newspaper?
11. do you prefer to read about domestic news or international news?
12. what are some methods that newspapers use to attract readers?
13. what influence do you think newspapers have on society?
14. do you think the internet is a good way to get news?
15. what was the first magazine or book you have ever bought?
16. do you think magazines and newspaper will exist 50 years from now?
1. are there many advertisements in your country?
2. why do you think there are so many advertisements now?
3. what are the various places where we see advertisements?
4. how do you feel about advertisement?
5. do you often see some advertisements in the place where you live?
6. how do you like advertisements on tv?
7. do they encourage/persuade you to buy some related products?
8. how do you like advertisements on the internet?
9. what do you think about the developing in advertising in china today?
1.what’s the most popular means of transportation in your hometown?
2.how often do you take buses?
3.can you compare the advantages of planes and trains?
4.is driving to work popular in your country?
5.do you think people will drive more in the future?
6.would you ride bikes to work in the future?
7.what will become the most popular means of transportation in china?
8.do you prefer public transportation or private transportation?
1.who is your favorite celebrity in china?
2.do you like any foreign celebrities?
3.would you want to be a celebrity in the future?
4.do you think we should protect famous people's privacy?
5.how do celebrities influence their fans in china?
1.what kinds of teachers do you like best?
2.who was your favorite teacher when you were young?
3.would you want to be a teacher in the future?
4.have you ever had bad teacher before?
1.what kinds of things do you have to bring when you go out?
2.did you ever forget to bring something?
3.how do you remind yourself?
4.do you carry different things in the morning and in the evening?
1.how often do you wear a watch?
2.what was your first watch like?
3.what kinds of watches do you like to wear?
4.do people still wear watches in you country?
1.do you often have dreams at night?
2.have you had a bad dream before?
3.what was the strangest dream you have had?
4.what do you usually dream about?
1.how often do you look at yourself in the mirror every day?
2.have you ever bought mirrors?
3.would you use mirrors to decorate rooms?
1.do you like robots?
2.what kinds of robots would like to have?
3.will robots change our society significantly?
1.are you good at organizing time?
2.how do you usually organize time?
3.do you think planning is important for time management?
4.why do some people find it hard to follow their plans?
5.how would you teach your children time management?
1.do you like (to learn about) history?
2.what historical event do you find most interesting?
3.do you think history is important?
4.do you like to watch programs on tv about history?
5.do you think you (= one) can (really) learn history from films and/or tv programs?
6.do you think the internet is a good place to learn about history?
7.can you name a person from history who you would like to learn more about?
8.why would you like to learn more about his/her?